Landscaping is much more than merely planting shrubs and trees and mowing lawns. It consists of a variety of services such as sod work, installing retaining walls, driveway interlocking, and more that can help enhance your curb appeal. It can also increase the value and functionality of your property if done correctly. Read on to learn more about landscape construction services, so you can use them to improve your property.
Types of Landscape Construction Services
Softscapes typically refer to installations and landscaping services involving plants and other organic materials such as grass, annuals, perennials, shrubs, and more. It includes analyzing the architecture, planning, and determining a suitable landscape design with the help of flower bed installations, a lawn, yard or garden for residences and estates.
Hardscaping includes all types of structures and stonework, such as garden retaining walls, outdoor kitchens, barbecues, fire pits and fireplaces, patios, pool decks, fencing, and more. In addition to this, it also encompasses water features such as fountains, dry riverbeds, and waterfalls.
Skills Required for Landscape Construction
Landscape design and construction requires the expertise of qualified and experienced professionals. Some of the skills associated with the construction aspect of landscaping a property include the following:
- The ability to come up with reliable landscape designs and ideas.
- Work with professionals, interpret the plans made by a landscape architect, and carry out the necessary work.
- Estimate the cost and prepare quotations for a variety of projects.
- Horticultural skills that are required to come up with beautiful ideas associated with softscapes.
- Possess construction knowledge and skills, including the ability to build retaining walls, lay pavers for driveways and walkways, and other structures.
Things to Consider Before Landscape Construction
- Examine your landscape, recognize any potential problems such as inadequate soil conditions and plan accordingly.
- Consider the purpose of landscaping. It could be anything from entertaining guests, creating a play area, having a private space for relaxing, and more.
- Identify any natural pathways already present in your landscape and consider including them in your plans as is.
- Consider your needs, expectations, and budgetary concerns up-front to save time and money.
- Think about the ongoing maintenance and ask if you can meet the requirements to keep the structures in excellent condition.
- Work with a reputable landscaping construction company having professionals who can understand your needs and offer reliable advice.
Enhance Your Curb Appeal with Our Landscape Construction Services
Whether you want a garden retaining wall, stonework in patio, or any other landscape construction, Simple Solutions Landscaping and Snow Removal is the right choice. We have the skills and expertise to understand your needs and come up with the best solutions on time and budget. We will help you create a beautiful and functional space that enhances your curb appeal and adds value to your property.
For more information about our landscape construction services, feel free to talk to one of our consultants by calling 416-271-3503. You could also fill out our online contact form to request a free quote.