If drywall installation, replacement, or repair is a part of your home improvement project, it helps to know whether you hire professionals for the job. This is because damaged drywall can lead to several hidden dangers on your property. If you are unsure how to get started, learn about essential things to consider to determine whether you should DIY or hire professional drywall services for the job.
Common Types of Drywall Damage
Drywall damage can occur in many ways, including:
- Small cracks often develop at two panels or walls’ intersections.
- Minor scratches and dents resulting from moving furniture, doorknobs, or regular wear and tear may worsen over time.
- Drywall problems related to water damage, such as minor leaks or flooding, may create holes, erosion, or sagging, causing the growth of mould or structural and electrical hazards.
Assessing the Damage
If you are looking to replace or repair the drywall, the first step is to assess the damage and determine the cause of the problem. If it is water-related, be sure to check for mould buildup and damage that may extend past the immediate area.
Tools and Supplies Required for Drywall Work
If you plan to DIY the drywall installation, replacement or repair, you will need a few tools and materials, including:
- Mud pan
- Dust mask
- Drywall putty or mud
- Putty knife
- Painter’s tape
- Utility knife
- Paper drywall tape
- Joint compound
- Setting compound
In addition to this, depending on the extent of the damage, you may also require a sandpaper or sanding tool to undertake the project.
Drywall Repair Process
After assessing the cracks and cause of the damage, you need to determine how to fix them accurately.
- For cracks on the wall, be sure to see how far they extend.
- You can fix the small holes by filling them with the drywall mud and making the surface flat by scraping off the excess mud.
- To repair the other gaps and crevices, you can make a patch using a piece of drywall.
Hiring Professionals for Drywall Installation and Repairs
Working with a professional contractor for drywall services can ensure the desired result without much hassle. The experts have all the required tools and equipment to efficiently manage the job and source materials at a cheaper cost. They have the expertise and knowledge to evaluate the damage immediately and recommend the most suitable solution. Moreover, hiring professionals for extensive drywall installation, repairs, or replacement projects is wise to ensure safety.
We Offer Drywall Installation, Replacement & Repair Services
At Simple Solutions, we offer a range of contracting services, including drywall installation, replacement, and repair in Toronto. We will prep the site according to the requirement and ensure quality work on time. Whether it is a small hole, scratch on the wall or something much larger, our team can manage all types of drywall-related work.